Follow exactly this instruction, especially if you don’t know what you are doing.
Only what you need is WinFLP install CD and another machine with XP Professional installed and CDROM drive (I call it working machine).
- Connect hdd to working machine.
- Create two partitions. First (part 1) sized 1,5G (FAT32, active), second (part 2) the rest of disk (FAT32).
- On part 1 create folder called “minint” (needs to be exactly c:\minint)
- Copy contents of “i386″ folder on WinPE CD to ”c:\minint” (eg. xcopy e:\i386\*.* c:\minint /s)
- Copy rest of CD to part 1.
- Copy (not move) “ntdetect.com” from “c:\minint” folder to the root of part 1.
- Copy (not move) “setupldr.bin” from ”c:\minint” folder to the root fo part 1 and rename it to ”ntldr”
- Copy rest of CD to part 1
- Part 1 looks this way
+- PROGRAM FILES
- Insert disk into PC where you want to install WinFLP and boot.
- Install, click parameters as you want. Only one necesser thing is to install WinFLP to part 2, format it FAT32 and as disk C:
- During first reboot you need to remove disc from PC and connect it to working machine. On part 1 create folder “backup”. Move “ntldr” and “ntdetect.com” to ”backup” folder.
- Copy from WORKING MACHINE (XP Professional needed) “ntldr” and “ntdetect.com” to part 1.
- Edit “boot.ini” on part 1 this way:editovat boot.ini
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Fundamentals Setup" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Fundamentals for Legacy PC" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
- Put the disk back to PC and boot - select second option
- Wait till FBA (First Boot Agent) stops its job. It could take very long time, do not panic, from time to time PC is doing nothing. I could takes about up to three hours especially on very old machines.
I installed this way WinFLP to Libretto 100CT (Pentium 166MMX, 64MB RAM, 6GB HDD) - see picture. It takes about 5 hours, but running system is normally usable. But Win2k si better solution for this configuratio.